- It’s Important to Get Up and Move Around. (North Shore News, July 31, 2017)
- Ontario Supporting 40 New Seniors’ Centres Across the Province. (Ministry of Seniors Affairs, July 20, 2017)
- Loneliness: a major public health risk? (CBC News, August 16, 2017)
- Conversations That Matter: Refuse to get frail and enjoy your golden years (Vancouver Sun, June 16, 2017)
- Burnaby non-profit partners with car-sharing service to provide seniors rides (CBC News, April 30, 2017)
- Nutritional Risk Among Older Canadians. Ramage-Morin, P., & Garriguet, D. (2013)
- Directly measured physical activity of adults, 2012 and 2013. Statistics Canada (2015).
- Social Participation and Its Benefits. Novek, S., Menec, V., Tran, T., & Bell, S. (2013)
- Report on the Social Isolation of Seniors. National Seniors Council. (2014).
- Who’s at Risk and What Can Be Done About It? A Review of the Literature on the Social Isolation of Different Groups of Seniors. National Seniors Council. (2017).
- The SMART Fund: The Links Between Social Support and Improved Health Outcomes. Lansdowne, J. (2011).
Health and Wellness
- Seniors’ Health in the GTA: How Immigration, Language, and Racialization Impact Seniors’ Health. Um, S., & Lightman, N. (2017).
- Diversity, Aging and Intersectionality in Ontario Home Care. Laher, N. (2017).
- The National Evaluation of Partnerships for Older People Projects: Executive Summary. PSSRU. (2009).
- Living Fully (White Paper).
- Profile of Seniors’ Transportation Habits. Turcotte, M. (2012).
- Transportation Solutions for Rural Seniors. Lutz, H. (2014).
Non-Profits and Volunteering
- The Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector in British Columbia: Regional Highlights of the National Survey of Nonprofit and Voluntary Organizations. Murray, V. (2006).
- Survey of Non-profit Organizations & Voluntary Associations in British Columbia (B.C.) Report. New Directions. (2015).
- Volunteering and Older Adults. Cook, S., & Speevak Sladowski, P. (2013).
Income and Inequality
- Poverty and Inequality Among British Columbia’s Seniors. Ivanova, I., Daub, S., Cohen., M., & Jenkins, J. (2017)
- Income and Health: Opportunities to Achieve Health Equity in Ontario. Health Quality Ontario. 2016.
Reports from Community-Based Seniors’ Services
- Better at Home Annual Report 2016-17. Better at Home. 2017.